Tech RRT Capacity Strengthening Webinar Series: IYCF-E Orientation for Non-Nutrition Sectors
Learn how to develop IYCF-E friendly programming for emergency contexts
When: Tuesday, 2nd October 2018
Time: 8:00-9:30 (New York), 12:00-13:30 (Bamako), 13:00-14:30 (London & Kinshasa), 14:00-15:30 (Geneva & Khartoum), 15:00-16:30 (Amman & Nairobi), 16:30-18:00 (Kabul), 20:00-21:30 (Manila)
- Are you working in a humanitarian crisis or refugee setting?
- Do your beneficiaries include infants 0-24 months and pregnant women?
- Do you want to learn effective simple ways to help meet their needs to ensure they thrive within the emergency context?
- Do you want to start integrating IYCF sensitive or friendly programming but don’t know how?
This is the webinar for you!
Learn about Infant and young child feeding in emergencies!
Through this webinar you will learn:
- The importance of infant feeding in emergencies
- How to meet the needs of those who have infants or are pregnant in emergencies
- Low-cost, simple solutions that have a big impact
- Steps to take to champion IYCF-E within your organization and country wide coordination mechanisms
Facilitators: Michele Goergen, Tech RRT CMAM/IYCF-E Advisor and Alessandro (Alex) Iellamo, Save the Children Global IYCF-E Advisor
Background on the project: The Technical Rapid Response Team (Tech RRT) is a partnership between International Medical Corps, Save the Children and Action Against Hunger working in close collaboration with the Global Nutrition Cluster and UNICEF, funded by USAID/OFDA. The purpose of the Tech RRT is to improve the quality of nutrition humanitarian response by deploying technical experts, providing remote support and building the capacity of nutrition partners while national capacity is overstretched or inexperienced in nutrition in emergencies.
Remote access: Please register by Friday, 28th September, to TechRRT2@internationalmedicalcorps.org to receive the link to our online platform. Online access is limited to the first 50 respondents.
Please forward this to colleagues that you think could benefit from this webinar.
We look forward to a productive session and hope that you can join us!
This webinar is made possible by the generous support of the American people through USAID!