2018 GeOnG Forum
Organized by CartONG every two years since 2008, the GeOnG forum gathers humanitarian actors and professionals specialized in information management. It is dedicated to addressing issues related to data in the humanitarian & development sectors, including topics related to mapping, GIS, data collection & information management. The next edition will take place in Chambéry (France), from October 29th to 31st, 2018.
Organized by CartONG every two years since 2008, the GeOnG forum gathers humanitarian actors and professionals specialized in information management. It is dedicated to addressing issues related to data in the humanitarian & development sectors, including topics related to mapping, GIS, data collection & information management. It is one of the biggest independent forum on the topic in Europe, with an average of 140 participants from 70 organizations in the last two editions.
This year’s theme is 'Perfection' versus 'Good enough' in Information Management. Adjusting to context, scale, phase & funding. The conference is built around 3 days of roundtables, workshops and short sessions such as a speedgeeking, a fail fest and lightning talks, with a couple of evening events.
The forum is designed to allow participants to debate current and future stakes, introduce relevant and innovative solutions and share experience and best practices on a wide range of information management subjects.
A few sessions already confirmed for this year's edition:
Roundtables (9 planned in total) :
- Information Management experiences from the latest emergency (Bangladesh)
- Beneficiary data: the forgotten component of the GDPR implementation?
- Information Management strategies in consortiums: pitfalls & successes.
- What business model for digital commons in the humanitarian sector?
Workshops (20 planned in total) :
- Maps for and with the beneficiaries - Kathmandu Living Labs
- Advanced use of OpenStreetMap - Université Heidelberg
- Interoperability and display of time dimension in spatial data - Université Grenoble Alpes
- Implementation of GeoPoppy: case study in Ivory Coast - AFD, NITIDAE, CartONG & le développeur de GeoPoppy, Julien Ancelin de l'INRA
- Establishing a community of practices - Oxfam International
- How to use DEWCO, a new data collection, visualization and reporting tool - Gnucoop
More information on the program here: http://cartong.org/geong/2018/agenda
We’re happy to announce that Lars Peter Nissen, Director of ACAPS, Sonia Karkare, GeoMSF Program Manager and Laura Walker McDonald, Director of Innovation at GAHI will take part in the 2018 GeOnG Forum as keynote speakers. Multiple members of the network will also be present.
Website of the GeOnG 2018: http://cartong.org/geong/2018
Registration online here: http://cartong.org/geong/2018/registration
For more information, please contact Nina & Mathilde at: [email protected]