Mapping and information management resources
MapAction's example product catalogue contains a lot of useful resources and information relating to different aspects of humanitarian mapping including context, audience, data and methods for a range of humanitarian situations.
Our example product catalogue provides resources for different types of humanitarian mapping and information management, including:
- Core maps (e.g. baseline population, topography & physical geography, transport, etc.)
- Vulnerability and access maps (e.g. camp coordination, education, food security, etc.)
- Hazard maps (e.g. armed conflict, storms, floods, earthquakes, epidemics, etc.)
- Other types of maps and key considerations for GIS and information management
- A quick reference guide to data sources